Swamp

Swamp

Friday, December 6, 2013

Artistic Surprise

Ever since I started to sporadically attend happy hour/painting classes with girlfriends a couple years ago, Charlie has wanted to go.  After my last evening out, I decided it was time to surprise him, so I booked him at a children's class. 

All I told him was that I had a surprise for him and he had to wear clothes that could get dirty (this is the only way to prevent him wearing ties and sportscoats...).  And here he is, ready to get dirty...




En route to the surprise he tried to wheedle it out of me...

Mommy:  Are you excited about your surprise?
Charlie: Yes!  Will you tell me what it is?
Mommy: Nope.
Charlie: I think it's maybe the dollar store?
Mommy: Nope.  Better than the dollar store...
Charlie: Awwww....I don't think anything could be better than the dollar store except maybe heaven.
Mommy: It is.  I promise.
Charlie: Is it the outlet mall?
Mommy: Nope.  Even better.
Charlie: Better than the dollar store and the outlet mall?!  Is it heaven?!
Mommy: No...not that good...but still good...


When we arrived at the shop, though, it turns out we were the only people to show up.  Sarah, the owner, must have taken pity on me though when she saw my stricken face, because she went ahead and gave Charlie a one-on-one session -- after he had rousing conversation about mutton busting with her marketing representative.  It really is just fun to go places with this little man.

As the pictures prove, Charlie thankfully inherited his Daddy's and Grandma's artistic skills...in fact, while all my paintings are relegated to my closet, we're planning to hang his in the playroom.  And he's already decided that he's going to painting summer camp.  Let the fun begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment