Swamp

Swamp

Friday, July 6, 2012

Dear Toy Box,

June 14, 2010 I sobbed as I turned right onto Orangeburg Road from the Toy Box Daycare parking lot.  I had just abandoned my baby in a building full of strangers for the very first time, and I was brokenhearted.

July 6, 2012 I teared up as I turned right onto Orangeburg Road from the Toy Box Daycare parking lot. I had just dropped off my baby in a building full of wonderful ladies who love him for the last time, and I am heartsick.


I am trying not to question the wisdom of pulling Charlie out of  a place that he loves so much -- whether it be for good or for a while -- but it's hard.  Over the past 2 years our family has come to adore these ladies and there are no words to express how grateful we are to them.

To Mrs. Tracy and Mrs. Shelly, thank you for creating such a wonderful, fun, bright, challenging and Godly atmosphere for my baby to learn, but even moreso for hiring these spectacular women to care for him.

To  Miss Alisha, Mrs. Irene, Miss Chelsea, Mrs. Whitney, Miss Kita, Miss Brittany, Miss Brittany, Mrs. Brenda, Miss Amanda and Mrs. Jo-Jo -- and all the other ladies at the Toy Box who though you may not have been his teachers, have laughed with him, eaten his woodchip meals, helped him tie his shoes, and given him hugs  -- thank you for loving him.

And for showing that love through all of the hard work, dedication, time and effort you all put into every single day with Charlie and his friends. Thank you for changing him, for feeding him, for holding him, for correcting him and for being his beloved teachers.

We will miss you all dearly and promise to use the knowledge and tools you've given us to continue to learn and grow into a funny, bright, joyful boy.


















1 comment:

  1. Charlie has definitely grown during his time at Toy Box and you can see that he's the life of the party! He's so cute Jenny - I know you're one proud mama! He will do great and so will you! Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete