Swamp

Swamp

Friday, February 18, 2011

Date Night

Since witnessing Bob & Donna leave for their Valentine's date on Monday night, Charlie has been begging to go on a date of his own. We had a family date Tuesday night (after dropping the truck off to get new tires) with Daddy at Mustard Seed, and it was such a huge success that I decided to make tonight a Mommy-Charlie date night.

The plan was to dine at Chick-Fil-A, then spend some quality time carousing in the play area, but driving through downtown Charleston this morning I saw a zebra in Marion Square -- yes a zebra! Well, so much for Chick-Fil-A!

I drove on home, finished only my absolutely "critical" tasks for the day and picked Charlie up an hour and a half early. After a quick change into "date clothes" in the backseat, we were headed East on I-26 for our date. 

Apparently, the source of the zebra is the Southeastern Wildlife Expo, which also brought a yak, two camels, a flock of sheep, some goats, and a Scottish Highland named Landon to town for our viewing and petting pleasure! Plus, we got to ride a camel together and Charlie rode a pony all by himself, shouting "Cowboy!" as he went round and round.

We finished the evening with burgers, fries and ketchup! at Five Guys on King Street, and right before going up to bed Charlie looked at me and said, "Ready to go on a date again, Mama!" Sigh...

Yes, perhaps I am setting the bar awfully high for what qualifies as a "good date", but the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that that is exactly what we want.

I see Zebra!

I ride Camel!

Cowboy!

"Ready to go on a date again, Mama"

2 comments: