Swamp

Swamp

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Week - Wednesday

If Tuesday was tough because there was so much, Wednesday was just the opposite.  There is nothing in the Bible about what happened on Wednesday...which is so odd when you think about the detail of the other days.

In an effort to impress upon him the difference, we sat down for our Bible lesson without the Bible.  He did notice -- but of course just assumed I forgot it. 

I think the absence of information made a much greater impression on me than on him, but we did spend some time talking about what he and I would be thinking/feeling if we knew that we were going to be crucified on Friday and then fulfill our life's purpose on Sunday by coming back to life and thereby providing a route to eternal life for millions.

I imagine that it was a frightening and exciting day for Jesus.  Very profound...maybe too profound for a four year old...in fact, maybe too profound for a 35 year old...

No comments:

Post a Comment