Swamp

Swamp

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Best Conversation Ever

This morning as Jason got ready for work and I sipped my coffee on the couch, Charlie asked random questions as usual...

Charlie: Mommy, who is your boss?
Mommy: (laughing) Well, Daddy is. 
Charlie: No.  Who is your other boss?
Mommy: (a bit perplexed)  Buddy, I don't have another boss.
Charlie: Yes, you do!
Mommy: Oh, you mean Mr. David.  Well, he's not Mommy's boss anymore.
Charlie: Yes, he is!
Mommy: No, Sweetie.  You see, he's still my friend, but he's not my boss anymore.
Charlie: Why not?
Mommy: Well, I don't work for that company any more.  (laughing again)  They fired me!
Charlie: Oh, noooo.  Why did they fire you?
Daddy:  Buddy, they just had too many people working there and had to let some go.
Charlie: Buy why you, Mommy?
Mommy: Because I was the big winner!  (laughing harder)
Charlie: You won????  Yay, Mommy!  (giving a thumbs up)

Jason quietly shakes his head and goes on about packing his bag.

And for any readers who may not have either heard and/or guessed, yes my "retirement" is official -- for the next two years at least.  Since my "sweet deal" with CenturyLink ended, and Jason and I realized how much sweeter it is to spend all my time with my favorite three-year-old, Charlie and I will be hip and hip until kindergarden.   

4 comments:

  1. I agree - you are the big winner for being able to spend time with Charlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREED! You hit the jackpot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I am glad that you are staying at home! Now we just have to find time to get together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny! That is the best conversation ever!! I'm so happy for you and I know you and Charlie will have tons of fun! *Love the stickers too...;)

    ReplyDelete