Swamp

Swamp

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Wondering...

If I should get a sassy new pixie cut?  Or maybe a confident bob?  Or perhaps glamorous extensions?

Why, you ask?  Because based on the past 20 hours, a hairstyle defines one's personality more than I ever imagined. 

After a fun lunch with Daddy (Chipotle finally made it to Charleston!!!), Charlie and I stopped by All About Hair for a much overdo trim -- I tend to put off his haircuts because they just never turn out that well.  Charlie watched closely as Ashley chopped and combed and his blond locks fell to floor, and when she combed it up into a mohawk to work on the top his whole face lit up.  Just that morning he had asked for a mohawk and I had declined -- nothing we own ever gets it to stick up that way.

Seeing his glee, Ashley offered to "style" it for him if Mommy approved, and of course I did, so she pulled out the "glue" (sigh...just waiting for him to try this at home), and we were all set.  Charlie was happy, Ashley was charmed and I was amused.  It seemed like a win-win-win -- until post-nap that was. 

Suddenly, my sweet, albeit slightly mischevious, boy was scrunching his button nose into tough guy faces and acting like a little Hell's Angel.  Jason assures me that it's just Charlie being ornery, but after a week of "yes Ma'ams," long naps and help around the house, I'm sure it's the hair.  Thankfully we have a birthday party at the pool this morning, so we can ditch this little biker attitude.

And in all reality, we all know that I will be keeping my medium-length, side-parted, blah haircut.  In part because I'm cheap and lazy when it comes to my hair, but moreso because I'm not sure we could handle any additional sass, confidence or glamour in this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment