Swamp

Swamp

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Slowly I'm realizing that Charlie's words are much more interesting and telling than mine...so be prepared for more and more excerpts from our daily lives...

En route to school each morning I eat a mint to protect Charlie's teachers from my coffee breath. A few months ago, he started insisting on getting a mint, too...and somehow I introduced the idea of "Two for Tuesdays", so he gets 2 mints on Tuesday mornings...
Charlie: Can I have two more?
Me: No. It's not "Four for Tuesdays", it's "Two for Tuesdays".
Charlie: When will I get four?
Me: You won't. Four is a lot of mints. If you ate four you would get sick.
Charlie: Did Mrs. Jan eat four?
Me: No, buddy. She got sick from something else, but she's doing much better now.
Charlie: Let's say a little prayer for her.

So we did...

Charlie: Is Hayden at her house? (Jan's niece)
Me: (Laughing) No buddy. She's probably at home in Columbia.
Charlie: Oh.

Hayden from last July (the last time he saw her...)


No comments:

Post a Comment