Swamp

Swamp

Monday, January 23, 2012

Time to Celebrate

It's no secret that I'm something of a birthday addict...I can honestly think of nothing better than to spend an entire day just celebrating the fact that someone was born...so yesterday was one of my favorite days of the entire year -- Jason's birthday!

And I think that this year I finally found a card that explained exactly why I love birthdays so much...

"Your life gives me reason to celebrate...
Every day with you
is a day to celebrate God's goodness,
and especially on your birthday
I thank Him for creating you."


How could we not make it a big deal???

So, we actually dragged it out through the weekend as we like to do, celebrating with friends Friday night at Ivory Moon (which we found out used to have dueling pianos, but now just has a fun band), then Jason spent Saturday oystering with his buddy Robert in preparation for an Oyster Roast down in West Ashley that night.  We saved the best for last though, celebrating dinner with our favorite little man at 82 Queen downtown.  Dinner was fabulous and Charlie was well-behaved...we really couldn't have asked for more.

Of course, my "best for last" may be different from Jason and Charlie's -- they are both beside themselves with anticipation for trying out Jason's "new" 1970 Salton Peanut Butter maker that he found on eBay...like father like son...

Staying Warm

2 year old Photographer

"Sharing" Daddy's Key Lime Pie

The good life

No comments:

Post a Comment