Swamp

Swamp

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Bad Seed?

Ok...perhaps that is a bit harsh, but Charlie had his first time out at school yesterday.  I know!  I'm not sure what is more shocking -- the fact that he's never had one before, or the fact that one of his many teachers (who happen to be wrapped more tightly around his little pinkie than even I am) finally gave him one.

As anyone who knows Charlie knows, he averages 1 to 2 timeouts a day here at home, but up until recently he was a perfect angel in public.  I guess he has decided that he's spent enough time laying that foundation, and now he can dive into his master plan...what that may be?  I have no idea.

Anyway, the offense happened during the morning shift, so I didn't get to speak to Miss Alisha about it directly when I picked up Charlie after school, but Miss Chelsea assured me that despite the note on his sheet, Charlie had had a "great afternoon." 

And the note itself?  Typical Charlie:

"He had a bit of a time with listening ears today.  I know he will have a better morning tomorrow.  :o)  I love Charlie."

Yes.  That is how my son gets in trouble.  In fact, this morning when Charlie apologized to Miss Alisha, she assured me that it was probably harder on her than on him. 

And the offense, itself?  He pushed a little kid down, the little bully.

And what, you may be asking, was Daddy's response to it all?  Regarding the push he was clearly disappointed and stern.  Regarding the note though, he smirked.  Yep.  That's right.  He thinks it's great that Charlie has grown women falling at his feet...I think we're doomed.

But yes...deep down inside I am thrilled that Charlie's teachers love him so much...how could a mother not be.  Don't tell him, though.  I'm firmly taking the hard line on this one.

1 comment: