Swamp

Swamp

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Epiphany of Sorts

Now for any naturally skinny and/or high self-esteemed readers out there, this may all sound like gibberish, but I had something of an ephipany today.  You see, while driving down the road I realized that I am not on a diet and I'm not sure of the last time that I was!

I know, for some of you that sounds like crazy-talk and for some of you that sounds like nothing -- but for someone like me who started dieting at age 8 (however ill-advisedly), and for the next two plus decades structured her life around what she was and was not allowed to eat that week (only white foods, no fat, no cheese, no carbs, no fried foods, etc, etc, etc...), this is mind-blowing.

Unable to believe it myself, I asked myself a few questions:

1 - Would you be happy if you woke up 5 lbs thinner tomorrow?  Of course!
2 - Do you have any idea what you currently weight?  Ummm...no
3 - Do you comfortably fit in the smallest jeans you own? Yes!
4 - Do you have any desire to buy smaller jeans?  No?...wow, No!
5 - Can you list everything you ate yesterday with calorie, fat and carb content?  Not a chance
6 - Do you eat the cheese on your pizza? Yes!
7 - Do you ever feel guilty after eating? No!

Eureka!  I'm not on a diet!  Interestingly enough, as I quizzed myself, I also made two other discoveries:
1 - I think about food much less often than I did on any of my diets
2 - I eat considerably less food than I did on any of my diets

Now, I don't have any sage advice as to how I arrived at this curious and wonderful place.  I suppose it's a combination of a happy marriage, an adorable (and busy) two year old and a confidence that they and God love me exactly as I am...plus, who knows what else, but I do have one final thing to say...

Yay Me!

1 comment: