Swamp

Swamp

Monday, May 9, 2011

Charlie Knows

I suppose I should just prepare myself for a lifetime of this, after all, he is Jason's son -- it appears Charlie is going to have that gift (or maybe curse) of knowing things, people, places, etc.

Following a fun-filled Saturday of blueberry pancakes, couch shopping (Charlie is a trouper!), icecream and a family cookout, Mother's Day # 3 (and yes, I'm counting -- I remember every moment of each of them and will treasure them forever.  I waited a long, long time to celebrate Mother's Day and I bask in it from dawn to dusk!), anyway, Mother's Day #3 began with a quiet morning at home while Jason and Charlie took care of a few details in the study -- then Charlie ran out to give me my Mother's Day picture, and proudly announced, "Mama, it's for you.  It's a diamond!".  Ah, yes -- Charlie knows. 

Jason quickly begged me not to read too much into it, and I reassured him that Charlie had been learning shapes this week at school.  Nonetheless, smart little guy, isn't he -- already knows what Mommy loves.

My diamond:

One might think that my "big" gift would have a hard time measuring up following that introduction, but that one wouldn't know Jason.  I do believe in my heart that diamonds are ALWAYS a perfect gift, but sometimes a gift can be better than perfect. 

For Mother's Day,  I am going to be treated like a queen.  Jason has given me the most decadent yet practical gift imaginable -- early Wednesday morning two strangers are going to arrive at my house and set to work cleaning it from top to bottom -- baseboards, windows, walls, fans, floors, you name it, it will be spotless.

Yes, the sun is shining a little brighter, the birds are chirping a little louder.  All is right with the world.  Sigh.

My house will be cleaner than it's ever been (forgive me, but I don't dust the walls and rarely work up the gusto to go after the baseboards), and I don't have to lift a finger.  Spoiled?  Yes!  Rotten?  Nope -- because I'm unendingly grateful!

As you can see, my Mother's Day started out better than my wildest dreams -- diamonds and decadence!  Then we were off to church, where both Jason and I had nursery today, so we got to spend the time playing with Charlie and his little friends.  From there it was lunch at Wasabi, where Charlie proved that he is even more like his Daddy than I'd thought.

Being a party of two and highchair, we were seated immediately, carefully avoiding eye contact with all of the larger parties waiting in the lobby.  Once we were settled at the table, Charlie looked at the little girl three seats down and said, "That's Taylor".  Not sure what he was talking about, and quite certain we'd never met her parents, we told Charlie that she probably just looked like a little girl from school.  That's when her mom looked up and said, "Well, her name is Taylor." 

That's right as Charlie will gladly point out, his name is not Charlie Brown, but Charlie B... -- and like his forefathers, he knows someone everywhere we go... Taylor is in the Older Twos class at school -- they share the playground in the afternoon.  Seriously.

Following mild terror at the fire and a delicious meal, we finished the day with a beautiful afternoon cruise up the Wando river with Charlie and I giggling and cuddling in the nose of the boat while Captain Daddy played with his gauges and settings  --  a perfect day with my perfect boys...so now the brainstorming for Father's Day begins -- it's going to have to be good!

My boys at work

Shake Break

Charlie's Pick

LOVING the bunk beds!

Playing with Fire!

Little bit Sticky

S'more please!

Such Fun!

Mommy's Mother Day Rose -- Pink, of course!

Not a fan of the fire at first!

Impressive little monster!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny!! Happy Mother's Day!! Looks like you, Jason and Charlie had a fantastic day and the pics say it all! Glad Jason was able to get that worked out for you!! What a great guy! We miss y'all! Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic day. And I totally agree that you should bask in each and every Mother's Day! :D

    ReplyDelete