Swamp

Swamp

Friday, February 11, 2011

Parenting Pop-Quiz

This is for all the parents and future parents out there.  Can you figure out what Charlie is doing and join in before he gets frustrated??


"Aaaaaaah,"

"In-she-shoo"

"Clap hands!"

Stumped?  I certainly was.  Charlie broke into this little ditty last night while I was changing his diaper.  He was absolutely delighted with himself, and I could tell I was supposed to join in, but I was clueless. 

Thankfully, Charlie is not easily frustrated.  In fact, yesterday afternoon on our way home from school he buckled himself in his carseat after about 2 minutes of trying.  With a little encouragement (and assistance -- I had to move his shirt so he could see the buckle), he got it.  The secret was to hold the two sides of the buckle close enough to the tips to aim, but far enough back to have the necessary leverage to push it closed.

Anyway, after about 10 rounds of his new song, I took a stab and the dark and I was right!  So...do you think you've got it?


"If you're happy and you know it,"

"Then your face will surely show it!"

"If you're happy and you know it"

"Clap your hands!"

All three of us have been clapping up a storm since last night...but one word of warning, it's not a good idea to start a round of "In-she-shoo" as you're backing down the driveway, because it's impossible to clap your hands while driving.  We did move on to "Stomp your feet", but it takes considerable concentration to remember to only stomp your left foot, and the back of my drivers seat is now covered with mud and grass.

Nevertheless, it was well worth it.  I had no idea how amazing it would feel to know that a 23 month old is proud of me!

You got it, Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Don't you love getting a round of applause from our little angels?!

    ReplyDelete