Swamp

Swamp

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Back in the Swing...

Following ten days of cousins and aunts and uncles and BaBa and PaPa, not to mention a long list of "Greats" in Kansas City and a 12:15 AM arrival home Tuesday morning, Charlie actually slept in until 8:40 yesterday! 

The extra two morning hours combined with a fabulously slow work schedule enabled me to unpack and find homes for four suitcases full of stuff, restock the refrigerator and still pick up Charlie from school a little bit early and make dinner!

Now the house is back together, the three of us are back on schedule and Otis is slowly coming around to forgiving us for abandoning him, but Charlie is still a bit confused.  He definitely got used to having an abundance of cousins and friends and grandparents around for mutual entertainment and laughs.  I don't think we've gone 20 minutes without him asking about Tyler or Elizabeth or Grampy or Nanie or Tom or Abby or Alexis or Mal-Mal or Ellie or one of his many Aunts and Uncles...and I know we haven't gotten in the car without him immediately requesting "BaBa House?" as if I'm a paid chauffeur.  Last night he even ran off with the phone in order to "call Landon".

But who can blame him? We had more fun adventures in Kansas City than I could possibly sum up in one entry...so here is Our Twelve Days of Christmas

Twelve train cars rolling


Eleven mornings dawning

Ten frames of bowling

Nine tools a buzzing

 Eight candies missing

Seven cousins asking

Six (million) geese a flying

Five cookie sheets

Four toddlers driving

Three axels turning

Two parents smiling

and One very merry Charlie!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, That about sums it up. I cant explain the emotion that came over me when I read this post. I love and miss you guys so much and wish so much that we could be closer together. Seeing the boys play together was so fun and I know they will treasure their time spent together! We had so much fun while you were in town and we can't wait till next time. Until then kiss that little boy for me and you can give the big one a kiss too!

    ReplyDelete