Swamp

Swamp

Monday, November 8, 2010

Paparazzi

"No, mama" is a phrase I hear frequently these days, usually when it's time to get out of the bathtub, come in from outside or stop some other fun activity, but yesterday I heard it repeatedly when I tried to take Charlie's picture! 

We were relaxing at the picnic table enjoying Charlie's first ever ring-pop (huge fan, by the way), and as any mom would, I wanted to commemorate the momentous event with pictures...and after I took a handful of shots, Charlie looked me straight in the eye and said "No, mama."  Stunned, but wanting to respect his wishes (on this anyway), I put the camera in my pocket and he licked on.  A minute or two later, I stuck my hand in my pocket to grab the camera, and he looked up and repeated, "no, mama." 

While I hate to admit that I'm stubborn, I will confess that I'm very persistent, so I tried a few more times and met the same response...  Charlie has developed the same disdain for photographers as a reclusive star...and it's all my fault!

I am hoping that his aversion to pictures yesterday was just a quirk brought about by a super-fun and busy weekend, the time change and an extremely full belly.  Looking back, our weekend pretty much revolved around food.

Friday night we drove up to Ridgeville with Chad and Corrisa for Duke's BBQ.  Then on Saturday the Altman Family came over for Chili, Hotdogs and S'mores, and with Ryleigh's help, Charlie got to hang with the big kids all evening.  He had an absolutely fabulous time.

After church on Sunday, the three of us went to Summerville's annual Taste of the Town and shared "tastes" of Shrimp n Grits, Steak Sandwich, Pepperoni Pizza, "Uptown" Banana Pudding and Blueberry Bread Pudding, along with some knee-slapping good music (literally).  Summerville definitely knows how to throw a festival.

So, right now I'm convincing myself that Charlie was just going through a period of "exhaustion", as all the big stars do at some point...and that I will get to document his next 20 years with the same perseverance as I've done the first 20 months.

Jump Castle Junky

Finally a binky Charlie loves!

Mmmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I'm right there with you...I mean, how are we supposed to catch these Kodak moments with them telling us "no" :) And, re: your Awkward post - I'm right there with you again (we really do live parallel lives!) - I dread the day Kate asks me about my butterfly (very small) tattoo I have...definitely a 23 yr decision ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too much!! I guess they really do notice the bright flashing in their eyes each time we snap, snap, snap those perfect shots! Haha!

    ReplyDelete