Swamp

Swamp

Monday, September 27, 2010

Update...

Just back from the pediatrician...again...

Daycare called around 11:15 to say that Charlie's rash was worse.  I missed the call, though, and when I called back at 12:15 he was already down for nap.  I rushed around to get everything done and was very unsurprised when they called back around 1:15.  Charlie had just woken up and his rash was raised and very red...so off I went in yoga pants...to daycare...then to the pediatrician...in yoga pants.  While I am proud to say that I do not have the tush I had (or even half the tush I had) when I was 9 months pregnant, I still in no way, shape or form have a tush that should be seen in public in yoga pants.  But I guess that's motherhood.

Back to Charlie...the pediatrician's office had called when I was in picking him up from daycare, so I called back to get his results from the strep test.  It isn't "common strep", which causes strep throat, but strep bacteria did grow...so... yeah?  Anyway, the doctor recommended that he stay on his antibiotic, and when I asked if it could be causing the rash, which has definitely become worse since he started the new one on Friday, she asked us to come in.

So, after 4 trips to and from the car in pouring rain (approximately 1 hour after I had blown my hair dry) and an hour in the waiting room with a very bored, very active Charlie (all the while wearing yoga pants in public!), we saw Dr. Tripp.  Thankfully, she does not appear to think I'm crazy, and even more important, believes that the rash is just part of the whatever virus Charlie has.  She even wrote him a note to go back to school tomorrow, since he doesn't even seem to notice the rash and she's certain it isn't contagious.

So, I guess the lessons of the day are:
1 - Never wash all of your jeans at the same time
2 - Never blow your hair dry on a rainy day
3 - If you're really not crazy, the doctor won't think you are

And the best news of all?  I don't have to make dinner! We're headed out with our neighbors John & Trish.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment