Swamp

Swamp

Thursday, March 25, 2010

We did it!

Charlie and I survived our first extended period apart  -- and it was trauma-free.  Actually, the anticipation was much worse than the actual separation.  My flights on Tuesday morning were incredibly relaxing with only myself to worry about, no luggage to speak of, and a good book.  Plus, Charlie had a great morning with Daddy and got to see Donna again (she had been out of town all weekend).

Then the actual wedding prep, ceremony and aftermath were fabulous.  I have never seen Angie, my sister, so happy -- and the simple event was just her style.  I am so grateful that I was able to be there to help her get ready and the ceremony, itself, was wonderful.  Other than a tad bit too much champagne at the reception (nothing crazy -- just a bit tipsy -- I never even fell out of my 3 inch heels!), everything was perfect.  As an added bonus, Uncle Sam and Aunt Jan came back to Mom & Dad's house to chat for a couple hours.  It was so much fun.

Meanwhile back in SC, Charlie spent the morning and early afternoon at Donna's -- squeezing in two good naps.  Then he, Jason and Otis played and walked and had a great time.  Wednesday was much the same, but rather than playing and walking, they ran man errands -- Charleston Angler and Lowe's. 

On Wednesday, I was blessed again with perfect flights and then with very little traffic at the 526 merge at 4:30 in the afternoon, so I made good time getting back to Summerville, where I met up with my boys and we had dinner on the patio at Five Guys Burgers. 

The entire experience was great.  I proved that I can handle 45 hours away from Charlie, Charlie had a wonderful time with Daddy, Donna and Otis, I got to celebrate my sister's wedding day with her and I made it home safely to my boys. 

The official wedding pictures aren't in, but here are a few snapshots, along with some picture texts Jason sent to get me through...

Uncle Bill & the Officiant decorating for the reception


Aunt Angie beaming

Aunt Angie trusting me to do her hair

Crusing the 'hood

Hamming it up for Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment