Swamp

Swamp

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Whirlwind!

Where to begin?  Charlie is doing so much right now that it's hard to keep up, much less record it all.  I know I'm going to look back someday and wonder when he started doing things we will have grown accustomed to.

He is sooo close to walking and I'm torn between excitement and sorrow.  I really feel like his ability to travel upright will be the defining step between baby and little boy.  The emotions are so confusing.  I would give anything to go back and relive the past 11 months, but at the same time I can't wait to see what's next.

Charlie can stand unassisted right now, as long as he doesn't notice he's doing it.  He has also learned to moo -- in imitation of one of his barnyard toys.  It's absolutely hilarious.  He just started doing it one day on his own.  Obviously, since he can moo, say da-da, say Donna, say no-no and say dog-dog, he can say ma-ma, right? Nope...and interestingly enough, if you ask him to he just laughs!  My son is already teasing me!

In addition to his new mobility and expanding vocabulary, Charlie is becoming something of a food connoisseur.  Spaghetti-os have joined spinach on the grimace list (I was shocked!), but he absolutely adores blueberry pancakes and pizza.  Charlie is a two-fisted, chipmunk-cheeked eater given the opportunity. 

Other new skills include rolling a ball (intermittently), climbing up the stairs (yikes!), climbing down off the bed (huge step!) and finger painting (just imagine!).  I love how proud he is of himself when he does something new.  I just wish it wasn't all happening so fast!

I'm soooo cute


Playing with dog-dog (formerly known as Otis)

Where's Charlie?

The artist at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment